Mother’s Day is just around the corner. But don’t stress. If you’re not sure what gift to give your mother (or wife) this year, we’re here to help. Following is a list of perfect Mother’s Day gifts tailored to every budget.
My bank account is a black hole
When you’re a kid and your only source of income is that $3 allowance you get paid weekly (talk about needing to raise the minimum wage), finding an affordable Mother’s Day gift can be a struggle. Luckily, you don’t need to actually buy anything. Your mom will be just as tickled if you wash the dishes without being asked as she would be if you bought her a Ferrari. (Well, OK, maybe not quite.)
If you’re short on cash, there are still a number of perfect Mother’s Day gifts you can give your mom. For example:
- Make her breakfast in bed.
- Do something for her so she doesn’t have to (like taking out the trash, getting the little kids ready in the morning, etc.)
- Make her a coupon book. It’s similar to the idea above, but a little more generous. Make coupons for things like chores around the house, making dinner, giving a hug, etc.
- Pick some flowers (not from your neighbors’ yard!)
- Write a poem for her. (She’ll love it even if it sucks.) If you’re artistic, you could also draw/paint/craft something for her.
- Take her to a free event. Some places host free Mother’s Day events. You could also take her to a garden or public park, or an art gallery.