There are many reasons people want to work for themselves. The freedom and potential prosperity are a couple of reasons, however, some people also suffer from chronic illness (like myself) and need the benefit of working from home. Whatever your reason, here are some tips for follow for success.
5 Entrepreneur Tips for Success
- Utilize social media. A lot of people have a hate/love relationship with social media. However, as a freelancer, it is necessary to utilize it. You can network and even find work on social media. You can expand your reach. Say you want to do social media management…well you better have some great social media accounts! A good rule is to sign up on all major platforms and master two.
- Have a work-life balance. The most important thing is to set a schedule, even if it is a bit crazy (2 hours here, 2 hours there.) As a full-time student, I rely heavily on my planner. I use both google calendar and a paper planner. Bills, appointments, homework, everything goes into this book. It has my life in it. Schedule time to relax.
- Create an email signature. People might get curious and check out your business.
- Network. You might want to find an accountability partner. I have yet to really have one of those, but I am in a bunch of great Facebook groups. Find your niche and connect with other people.
- Invest in a website. You need a website with your own hosting and domain. No one will take you seriously without it.
These tips are just the beginning of key things you need to do to be successful as a freelancer or entrepreneur. Continue to do research and expand your knowledge. Read, a lot. We are always learning and the only constant in life is changes. Remember that.