Are you tired of making money for someone else? Do you desire to be your own boss, set your own hours, and have no income ceiling? Then freelancing may be for you. In today’s world, it is much easier to freelance as we are all connected to the internet. You can make a career for yourself out of your home with skills you already have. It’s easy to become a freelance writer, virtual assistant, or manage social media. Those are just some basic ideas. Here are some freelancing tips to use with your clients when you are ready and want to delight them every time.
- Try sending handwritten notes to say thank you. This might not always be appropriate but it is very thoughtful.
- Video chats can be an easy way to communicate with each other and make sure you know exactly what the client really wants.
- Friendly auto-responders are a lot more pleasant than a generic out of the office email.
- Extra advice for free is always welcome and can lead to sales. Make sure your sales funnel is top notch.
- Thank you packages again, not always appropriate but will definitely set you apart from the competition.
- Custom products are a good way to get business. Be different and unique and that will increase sales.
- Loyalty and referral programs for other bloggers and businesses are always welcome. Encourage others to work with you by sharing in some of the profit. It will help get your name out there.
- Social media promotions are a good way to get sales. Everyone is on social media (almost).
- Super organization will help you retain business. No one wants to work with someone who doesn’t meet deadlines and being organized with help you with this. Get a planner, and use it!
- Quick communications are a must. Be easy to reach especial via email. Make sure you respond to all comments on social media.
- Conduct customer surveys to find out what strategies are working for you.
- Have a nice website, with a clean landing and FAQ page, and beautiful graphics. Streamline the intake process and have invoicing software.
With these tips, it will be easy to delight those you service every time! You want your customers (whether business or individual clients) to be happy they chose you and possibly come back to you for repeat business. You can make a living freelancing doing what you love. Why suffer at a job you hate? Make sure you do plenty of research on what your services will be before you start. You want to make sure there is a need for the service you are going to provide to potential clients. Once you have that figured out, you can get to work on your dream service business, blog, or even product based business.