Productive people set goals and achieve them. Are you one of those people that always set a New Year’s resolution and then never follows through? Sometimes I start a project will all kinds of commitment and excitement and then get bored with it and move on to the next idea. (It is a flaw of mine.) Well here are some tips on how to set goals and achieve them successfully and stay on track.
- Ask yourself some important questions. What is important to you? What do you want to achieve in the next six months? What do you want to contribute? Answering these questions will let you know what your major and minor goals should be.
- After answering the questions above, consider your strengths and weaknesses. This will help you establish small steps that will bring you to your major goals. It will also let you decide if these goals are realistic and attainable.
- Make sure your goals are specific and measurable so you can track your progress.
- Consider the passion behind the goal and why you want to achieve it so you do not give up. Keep track of small wins towards larger goals to keep yourself focused.
- Keep your goals at the forefront. Write them down in your journal. Hang them on the wall.
- Schedule the steps toward your larger goals in your planner and stick to them. Check them off as they are accomplished.
- Celebrate the wins! If you are reaching your goals reward yourself in small ways. You deserve it!
There are tons of benefits to setting goals. You will learn better time management in the process. You will see positive progress at work or school, or even more personal goals like health and fitness. Don’t give up on your dreams, simply plan your goals and stick to them.