Thanks to the internet, it is possible to make a living from home. Many people think working from home would be a dream come true. You might have disabilities that prevent you from being in the traditional workforce or maybe you just want to work in your pajamas. Either way, here are some work from home job hunting mistakes.
- You don’t apply to a job more than once. If you applied and didn’t hear anything, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t apply again. It can sometimes take several applications to get hired for an online gig.
- You aren’t looking for a long enough time each day. Resumes and cover letters should be tweaked for each job application. You should be focusing as much of your time as possible searching for and applying for jobs.
- You’re applying to jobs with a horrible reputation. That probably isn’t a good idea. Make sure you look for reviews online about employers you apply too.
- You have bad credit. A lot of work from home jobs do credit checks. You want to do everything you can to try and fix your credit.
- You take rejection personally. A lot of times resumes are being searched for keywords, you may not have been passed over by an actual person. Don’t give up, keep trying.
- You talk poorly about previous employers or even post about it on social media. Companies check social media and even if you feel your last employer was unfair, you should not discuss it with potential employers if at all possible.
- You won’t work for less than a certain amount per hour. You should be doing side gigs to get by until you land something better. Money is money.
- Since you are home, you are busy doing other tasks like cleaning the house. While things like cleaning need to get done, you need to make sure finding a work from home job is your focus.
These tips will help you focus on finding a job so you can work from home. A lot of people have working from home as a goal but might not go about searching for a job the right way. If you follow these steps you will be ahead of the competition. Good luck!