Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’ve probably heard some speculation about Oprah Winfrey potentially running for president in 2020. In fact, the hashtag #Oprah2020 is even trending on Twitter, with millions of tweeters chiming in with their stance. Current President Trump has made it clear that you don’t need any political experience to run for – and win – the presidency. So, does Oprah have a shot against the ginger in charge?
Here’s Why Oprah Deserves the Spot
If a woman’s going to run for president, it might as well be Oprah. Not only does every American know her, but most women aspire to be her. She’s successful, talented, and knows what she wants. And, she’s also one of the most giving people on the planet. She could run the country like a business, but with compassion. Obviously, that’s the piece that the current president lacks.
Oprah’s said publicly that she has no intention to run for the position in 2020, or ever. But, with all the buzz surrounding her at the moment, there’s always a chance her mind can change.
Just in case you need more convincing that Oprah should claim the spot, here are a few of her credentials that make her more qualified than the current president:
- She has Obama’s seal of approval. As shown in the photo above, he presented Oprah with the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2013. You could even say that she already has some ties to the presidency.
- She definitely has some winning speeches that catch people’s attention. Seriously, listen to a few. The woman has a way with words.
- She’s one of the most influential women ever, for women all over the world. If there was ever a woman in charge, I’d want her to be someone like Oprah.
- She fights for the rights of children. Oprah very famously supported the National Child Protection Act to protect children from sexual predators.
- She listens. If you’ve ever seen her talk show, you know she has a gift for listening and helping others. The U.S. is in desperate need of this.
- She’s had plenty of leadership experience. She was abused as a child and has been open about how it’s made her stronger. She displays her natural leadership qualities in everything she does.
If anyone’s going to get the country back to where it needs to be, Oprah can. 2020 is waiting for you, girl.