You might have debt hanging over your head, or you may be dreaming of quitting your 9 to 5. There are a lot of reasons to start a side hustle. You may think that there’s no way to reach your financial goals but that just simply isn’t true. Here are some reasons why to start a side hustle.
- The obvious one is to get out of debt quickly. You can make extra payments on things like student loans. There are a lot of success stories out there of people paying off hefty debt in their twenties and thirties.
- Side hustles give security. You never know when you might get laid off, lose pay, or maybe you or someone you love gets sick. With a side hustle you can choose your own hours and can work around anything in the way of holding traditional employment. It diversifies your income so that if you got fired, you wouldn’t be totally screwed.
- You can save for things you want! These can be things like a house, a great vacation, or other bucket list items.
- You can pursue your passion. You can explore things you already love doing. Things like writing or graphic design. Maybe you hate your day job and a side hustle gives you a means to an end, where you can finally do what you love.
- You can just make extra money to get by. Maybe your full time income isn’t enough. A side hustle can definitely help with this.
- You can generate passive income. This is money earned without you being present. This usually entails work up front and then you get paid again and again for the same work. This can be things like an online course or ebook.
There are definitely reasons to start a side hustle. It can help you get to where you want to be in life, or maybe just help you pay the bills. Either way I encourage you to do the research and decide on your own hustle and get started.