Are you trying to save money? Maybe you are in crisis mode (someone lost a job) or perhaps you just want to grow your savings account. There are some creative ways to save money every day that you might not have thought of. Here are some examples I have come across in my research.
- Get ride of cable and use Netflix, Hulu, and/or Amazon Prime. Cable is so expensive and this is a great way to get entertainment at a much cheaper price. I will say though that you may want a fast internet speed if you have multiple people streaming things in the house. Alternatively, you can get a smart media hub or an antenna that can get free TV.
- Shop second hand. I love second hand stores! I happen to be plus size and plus size clothes are so expensive. However, I have gotten great brands at a very reduced cost by shopping at places like Goodwill.
- Buy generic. This goes for prescriptions (if you can) and food. Store brand is great and you can hardly tell the difference with most things.
- Eat out less. Eating out is so expensive. If you don’t feel like cooking, have a bowl of cereal and call it a night.
- Make coffee at home. I do this everyday. There is no reason to pay $3+ for Dunkin Donuts when you don’t have too.
- Turn your lights off when you leave the room.
- Clean out your closets and sell items you no longer need on Facebook Marketplace. I love selling this way because there are no fees.
- Stop buying stuff you don’t need. Think twice and maybe sleep on it before committing to a purchase.
- Drink water. It’s healthier and less expensive than other drinks.
- Budget every month. Track where your expenses are going and then make changes based on your findings.
- Negotiate bills. Sometimes if you have been a loyal customer, you can get a lower rate.
- Try to do all your errands in one trip. You’ll save time and gas.
With these steps you’ll be on your way to growing your savings. It may not be easy at first but as you see your savings grow you may be inspired to research even more ways to save money every day.