Are you living paycheck to paycheck? You might be tired of constantly running of money each week. One way to have more money is to save money. Here are some tips to live more frugal and increase the amount of money you save each week.
- Cut cable and use Netflix and Hulu. This will save a huge amount each month. Alternatively, invest in an antenna that gets you free TV or a smart media hub.
- Question any unusual bill and call them and see if you can get them adjusted.
- Open the blinds for light every day. This saves on the power bill. Also, shut off lights if you are not in the room. Turn off the air conditioner if you are not home.
- Exercise at home or in the park. Skip the gym membership.
- Every once in awhile, take a look at your budget and see what you can cut.
- Coupon, but only if it is really the best deal. Sometimes generic products are just as good and cheaper than the name brand with a coupon.
- Round up on your car payment and your mortgage. This will save you on interest in the long run.
- If your prescription doesn’t have a generic, see if there is a coupon or savings program online and get the card or coupon and bring it to the pharmacy. Sometimes it’s okay even if you have insurance.
- Plan errands for one trip as it saves gas.
- DIY as much as you can. Pinterest is your friend.
- Winterize your windows. There are kits that are sold for this or you can DIY.
- Use your library for books and DVDs.
With these tips, you will increase the wiggle room in your budget. This will allow you to save money and be ready for emergencies. You may also want to start a side hustle to have more money coming in, but you also need to make sure you are being responsible with the money you already have. Don’t wait, start today.