Oreo cookies have been the best-selling sandwich cookie since they made their debut in 1912. Everyone loves the chocolate wafers with that sweet, delicious filling. There’s nothing like dunking one in milk and then opening it up to get to that amazing filling. But over the years, Nabisco, the company that makes them, has tried to keep up with the changing times of the world.
As a result, there has been the addition of a golden wafer version of the Oreo cookie. And now as 2018 begins, we here there are some new flavors coming down the pike. Here are a few other flavors the company is looking into.
- Banana Split. Umm. We’re not too sure how this is going to taste. After all, we love Oreos and we love banana splits, but we’re not too sure if we want the two of them together. Some things are just better on their own.
- Watermelon. Summertime is a great time to enjoy a slice of ice, cold watermelon. However, the idea of sandwiching the summer flavor in between two golden wafers makes us a little queasy. Let’s be honest, it’s almost as bad as a watermelon milkshake. Yuck!
- Birthday Cake. Now, these we can get with. Why buy a cake when you can have an entire pack of birthday cake-filled chocolate wafer cookies. Yum! Oreo, you guys are on to something.
- Candy Cane. Umm. Again, just no. We love Christmas and the sweet, peppermint treats we hang on the trees. It’s just not a good idea to mess up our chocolate wafers with peppermint filling. We’ll pass.
- Cookie Dough. The best part of making cookies is gorging on the dough before you put them in the oven. Kudos to Nabisco for thinking of putting cookie dough flavored creme filling in their sandwich cookies. This will save us the time of mixing the batter.
No matter what your flavor palate is, Oreo cookies are sure to have something to make you do a happy dance.