It’s that time of year again. Christmas is a time where we see friends and family, eat, and exchange gifts. Here are some tips for a healthier holiday.
- Identify all situations where you are more likely to eat poorly, like office parties and family gatherings, and make a plan to stay on track for each. If you decide to indulge, pick one and make it count.
- Stay active. Busy doesn’t mean active. You should still exercise for 30 minutes everyday. Break it up in smaller sessions if you are busy.
- Make healthy recipes. Keep low calorie food on hand.
- Budget wisely. Watch your food intake during the day if you are going to a party at night.
- Make gift giving simple. Instead of buying for everyone, draw names from a hat or give to charity instead.
- Focus on loved ones instead of food at gatherings and actually visit with your family.
- Walk more.