So, you have a trip of the lifetime planned and you want a special way to remember it. Or perhaps you are a digital nomad and travel all the time. One of the best ways to document your travels is a travel journal. This might look different depending on who you are. You might make it digital or have it in a well-designed leather journal. You might have receipts taped to it or take video to have on a website, either way, here are some things to consider.
If you go the paper route, you’ll need:
- A good quality notebook.
- A good quality pen.
- Calligraphy pens with different tips.
- Decorative stickers.
- A camera.
- Washi tape.
- Paper clips.
- Small envelopes.
Some other things you might consider:
- Google maps printouts.
- Flight tickets.
You’ll want to take notes on your journey to put in your journal. Some prompts might be:
- Make a note of the day and date.
- How was the weather?
- What is the forecast?
- Locations. Write down addresses and coordinates. Did you find out interesting historical facts? What language do they speak?
- Where did you stay? Names of hotels, hostels, campsites, etc.
- What attractions did you see? Who are you traveling with?
- Write down stories of important things that happened.
With these materials and prompts, you should be able to create a beautiful travel journal that will be treasured for years to come. You can really take in your surroundings and it will help you remember what you experienced on your travels. You can show children and grandchildren your travel journal. It can become a family memento.